sharing

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Meet Mr. Cuddles and half the fam


Mr. Cuddles is the racoon living in our pine tree, and is the source of immense delight for me and my family. Mr. Cuddles is a bit of a misnomer, but by the time we found out Mr. Cuddles is a mommy, the name had already stuck. Mr. Cuddles has four adorable fuzzy babies, but two seem to be the boldest, spending the most time hanging out on the big limb of the pine tree near their home.
Here are some more pictures so you can understand how cute our racoons are, and how my family and I take pictures of them almost every time we see them.
Here's Mr. Cuddles sitting in the squirrel nest in the tree outside my bedroom window.

Sometimes being a mommy wears Mr. Cuddles out:

Finally, the two adventurous babies:
We've got more pictures, but I didn't want to overwhelm you with the cuteness all in one go. (And for anyone who might be worried for our safety, we do realize that these are wild animals who we do not try to feed or touch. Most of the close pictures are due to zooming in.)

6 Comments:

  • At 6/15/06, 1:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Why leave home when your back yard is a zoo?!

     
  • At 6/15/06, 1:57 PM , Blogger M said...

    despite my difficult history with raccoons, I have to admit those are cute.
    Although it pains me to do so.
    Gah!

     
  • At 6/15/06, 11:33 PM , Blogger Jo said...

    Sarah, it will be hard to leave my baby racoons, especially if I have to miss their first attempts at crawling down the tree. Too cute!
    Mianh, I'm sorry for your pain, but glad you are able to admit that these adorable racoons are adorable. Do you remember Andrea V. jumping away from the racoon at Queen's?

     
  • At 6/16/06, 8:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Jo, I think Sarah was trying to hint at you to stay in Canada... :) cute.

    I love the pictures .. and I must say the story only makes them better. nice blog entry. Your presence in the blogging community is already a hit. :)

    i hope you will have a digital camera for your trip.

    anyways.. :) see you soon.

     
  • At 6/17/06, 2:47 AM , Blogger yelsel said...

    i'm disappointed for some reason that mr cuddles turns out to be a girl. i feel deceived....

     
  • At 6/17/06, 2:56 AM , Blogger Jo said...

    Lesley, I tried to tell Erika early one that I was pretty sure Mr. Cuddles had nipples, but she refused to change her name. Sorry about the deception.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home