sharing

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

holiday knitting extravaganza

In Australia (or Victoria at least), kids get two weeks off over Easter, which means I do too :)
I'm three days into my holiday and I have almost caught up with the housework (can't seem to find the motivation to dust yet...) and have begun my knitting marathon. I borrowed the BBC mini-series of Charles Dickens' Bleak House to watch while I knit. I started it this morning, and it is very bleak, but good background noise to help me get heaps of knitting done. I'm not much of a Dickens fan (too serious and depressing) but I really enjoyed watching Our Mutual Friend with Kate and so I've taken a risk.
Today is the first sunny day of my holidays and I should probably spend some of it weeding (our yard is a bit of a disgrace) but weeding is tedious. I'll mow the lawn instead with our exciting new push mower :)

4 Comments:

  • At 4/8/09, 3:00 PM , Blogger M said...

    ooh. . . what are you knitting??
    And yes, 'Bleak House' sounds very bleak indeed. . . but nevertheless I'd probably give a decent limb or two to be joining you for a week of knitting (maybe we could chat too? eat some cookies?). As it stands I'm recovering from an all night birthing extravaganza - all went well, but it seems the babe was 'doing a Noemi'. . . 'nough said, eh?
    xoxo

     
  • At 4/8/09, 10:27 PM , Anonymous Michelle Lamey said...

    Bleak House IS a bleak series...well done as most things from BBC are but bleak nonetheless. I am the the middle of a knitting frenzy too.

     
  • At 4/9/09, 5:24 AM , Anonymous Kat said...

    It snowed yesterday!

     
  • At 4/9/09, 5:56 AM , Anonymous ERIKA said...

    i just took a 3 hour nap and tomorrow im going home

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home