sharing

Thursday, February 22, 2007

back to...

The zoo was lovely. Mostly. It was hot. Why did God make me so sweaty? Geesh! But yeah, the education officers had good stuff for us, I got to touch a snake, I got some free cheese (thanks Ojas!) and had a butterfly land on my hair. After we were finished the two hours of stuff the zoo people were showing us, I hung around the zoo with some of the Indian international students, several of whom had brought their daughters along. It's nice to be around kids, even if they don't speak my language. I like being the odd one out sometimes, the one things have to be explained to. Maybe cause even when I'm not the odd one out I often need an explanation.

Tonight I had Bible study for the second time with my new group. Very nice people who I'm looking forward to knowing better. The major adjustment will be that this group is about twice the size of any Bible study I've been in in the last 4 years.

I'll be leaving for Geraldton for my second placement in a little over a week. I can't decide what day to leave on-Thursday, and sightsee in Perth on Friday and Saturday, or Saturday or Sunday, and relax here Thursday and Friday. Maybe I should do up my 'before-I-go-to-do-list' and see if its feasible to get it done this weekend and amidst full days of classes next Mon-Wed.

3 Comments:

  • At 2/23/07, 3:36 AM , Blogger M said...

    why is there cheese at a zoo my lovely one?!?!?!

    I've just travelled for 54 hours straight - and here I am commenting on your blog. Quel Insanity!

    xo,
    M

     
  • At 2/24/07, 7:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    JOANNA MY KOALA CAKE IS DELICIOUS I WISH YOU COULD HAVE SOME!

     
  • At 2/27/07, 6:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Missing you, sorry I missed you the other day......

    Especially Miss you right now.....

    Keep smiling!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home