all the world will stop and watch you shine
I was very happy to discover that my October placement is at a school really close to a big shopping centre, meaning there will be buses going to it from wherever I end up living. (The house I was going to move into is going up for sale, so I might not be moving in anymore, I'll let you know what's going on with that when I know.) I went to the school this morning to meet my supervisor and get a feel for the school. It was a really good morning. Most of the students in the class I'll be in were away on school camp, so I didn't get to meet them, but that was ok. My supervising teacher is really nice and helpful, and the class is pretty small-only 18 students. Being in the section of the school that has all the kindergarden (called prep here), grade 1 and grade 2 students actually made me feel tall :) Alot of staff were in the staff room chatting with each other at recess, which gives me hope that they are friendly people, and that the school has good colleague relationships. So I'm looking forward to October 2nd.
For a taste of what I'm doing in school, here's a rhyme I had to write and then explain where it fit into the curriculum, and how it could be used in the classroom.
Today there was a dragon
Perched in my tree
I sat her in my wagon
And made a cup of tea
She said the tea was too cold
Which I thought was very bold
After all she was my guest
In MY yard she'd made her nest
Tomorrow if there's a dragon
Perched in my tree
I'll put her in my wagon
And send her off to sea
For a taste of what I'm doing in school, here's a rhyme I had to write and then explain where it fit into the curriculum, and how it could be used in the classroom.
Today there was a dragon
Perched in my tree
I sat her in my wagon
And made a cup of tea
She said the tea was too cold
Which I thought was very bold
After all she was my guest
In MY yard she'd made her nest
Tomorrow if there's a dragon
Perched in my tree
I'll put her in my wagon
And send her off to sea


1 Comments:
At 9/14/06, 3:15 AM ,
Aphra said...
I think I posted a poem here. I can't remember why. Must have had something to do with your poem. When I read this to James, I thought of you. I thought you might like it:
The Prayer of the Little Ducks Who Went into the Ark.
by Carmen Bernos de Gasztold
Dear God,
Give us a flood of water.
Let it rain tomorrow and always.
Give us plenty of little slugs
and other luscious things to eat.
Protect all folk who quack
and everyone who knows how to swim.
Amen.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home