sharing

Friday, August 25, 2006

ouch.

I've now had a cold for about 2 weeks. I thought I had gotten better last weekend, but I was wrong. Very wrong. At least I'm hoarse now so people realize I'm sick and have sympathy for me. Last night Brian let me use up the rest of his cough medicine, the main ingredient of which is ammonia. That doesn't seem right, does it? Isn't ammonia something you use for cleaning? The licorice flavoring that was added to the medicine to make it more palatable was NOT doing its job, but I got it down anyway. Thanks Brian, for giving me really gross medicine. I felt a bit better when I woke up this morning than I did yesterday morning.
Have I told you I think I've found a house to move into at the end of September? Its ideal in many ways, except that the bus routes nearby aren't very helpful. But I think I can get over that because there are so many other good things about it. (ie the girl who's moving out is willing to let me use alot of her furniture and her bike while she's gone)
I shoud go finish my assignment that's due today (don't worry, I haven't procrastinated irresponsibly, I only have about 30 minutes work left to go on it). The assignment was to create a resource file for a humanities topic. I've chosen the Australian wool industry, and its making me want to go to the National Wool Museum, but it would probably take me a couple of hours to get there on public transit. Maybe I should plan myself a field trip for next week...

5 Comments:

  • At 8/25/06, 11:04 PM , Blogger yelsel said...

    not only do you have a cold, but you've caught the "blogging bug" haven't you!?!?! i totally love that you update so reguarly and share simple things about your life. like your cold. you're brill'! do they say brill' in australia or is that a UK thing?

     
  • At 8/26/06, 12:42 AM , Blogger Aphra said...

    I hate colds. I hope you feel better soon.

     
  • At 8/26/06, 2:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I kinda have a cold to joanna! and we have a new horrible assistant manager at the store. and im kinda bored

     
  • At 8/26/06, 7:12 AM , Blogger Jo said...

    I don't think I've heard anyone say brill' here. Did you ever hear anyone in England say 'ta' for thank you?

     
  • At 8/26/06, 10:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    jo I used your bike today and i'm going to use it more in the future I hope you don't mind!ta

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home