the sweat is rolling
I had my first day of placement today. It was the school's swimming carnival, which meant heaps of swimming races at an outdoor pool. On the hottest day Geraldton has had since they started keeping records. It was 44 or 45 degrees, I forget which. Can you imagine how many Canadian school children would have been sent to the hospital with heat stroke?
I am very grateful for an air-conditioned classroom and bedroom.
Tomorrow I teach two fairly easy lessons. I'm excited about being with grade 5/6s. And about my supervisor, who is very lovely and helpful. I think its gonna be another good teaching round!
I am very grateful for an air-conditioned classroom and bedroom.
Tomorrow I teach two fairly easy lessons. I'm excited about being with grade 5/6s. And about my supervisor, who is very lovely and helpful. I think its gonna be another good teaching round!


8 Comments:
At 3/7/07, 7:34 AM ,
Anonymous said...
I GOT YOUR PACKAGE! What a wonderful theme. The candy is reallly sweet, are all the kids diabetic? I love the books and I want a short fur baby girl koala as my next present
At 3/7/07, 7:37 AM ,
Anonymous said...
I just tried one of the chestnut cookies and its actually tasty. My only question: Why is the mom koala dressed like a frenchmen and the baby like rory gilmore?
At 3/7/07, 8:37 AM ,
daveandesther said...
Glad to hear that you arrived safely and you're surviving the heat! I say you continue this overseas adventure and come teach in Honduras next year :)
At 3/7/07, 12:47 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Hey Boogger, O! Did I make a mistake? It's probably the sweat rollong down my face and drowning my eyes. It is soooo hot here! You wouldn't believe it. I am very hot. See you soon.
At 3/7/07, 12:48 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Hey Jo, I love you, Mom
At 3/7/07, 12:50 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Hey Jo, I love you! From your beloved sister Katherine!
p.s. It was all mum
At 3/7/07, 12:51 PM ,
Anonymous said...
It is -40 in the basement brrr
At 3/8/07, 11:13 PM ,
Anonymous said...
So what did you think of the school swimming carnival? And did you get to go boat-exploring? Or is that a maybe for this weekend?
Yes, that is HOT. We didn't have air con at school and always used to say that if it gets over 40 school would be cancelled, but it never was, so we said ok, maybe 45. But it never got to 45. Talk about sweat rolling in - my hands would be creating puddles on the desk!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home