backyard blitz
Hugh's parents came over yesterday with two lawn mowers, a leaf blower, various high quality non-motorized gardening tools, and a bunch of plants Carole had grown from cuttings out of her own garden. Three hours later, our yard is a different place. I think it's even nicer than when we moved in. The weeds are gone, the dead stuff is cut off the one tree that's still a little bit alive, and there are dozens of new plants in the ground as we pray for rain to help them get established. Hugh kept stepping out onto the porch last night to admire the new view. Thank you Carole and Brian!
By the way, the unit behind us is finished and is for lease. For $160 more per week than we're paying here. Yikes. If that's the price of living in a modern house with central heating, air conditioning etc, I guess we can struggle on in our cute little brick oven/fridge (depending on the season) a little longer!
By the way, the unit behind us is finished and is for lease. For $160 more per week than we're paying here. Yikes. If that's the price of living in a modern house with central heating, air conditioning etc, I guess we can struggle on in our cute little brick oven/fridge (depending on the season) a little longer!


2 Comments:
At 1/4/10, 12:07 PM ,
Samantha said...
I love Australian Houses really I do... They just lack the construction phases that we have in Ontario! Basements are the best invention in the world,and they are not just for frost purposes.... they are for free air conditioning in the summers:) Enjoy the heat and it is freeeezing here.
At 1/4/10, 4:10 PM ,
M said...
here, we just have damp fridges. . . all year pretty much :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home