sharing

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Williamstown

On Monday afternoon, Hugh and I decided to go on an adventure to Williamstown. Its another Melbourne suburb that's almost an hour from our place, and is on the water. It was originally founded to be the port for Melbourne. We didn't have any plans for when we got there, but we quickly found this WWII minesweeper that has been turned into a museum that Hugh chose over going on a ferry ride. The volunteers were great, especially the men in the engine room and the boiler room. I didn't understand half the things they explained to us, but I think Hugh did.
We got to try out the controls for this gun at the back of the ship. Well, the controls that turn and raise and lower it. The trigger is Hugh's red foot pedal.
A while ago, Hugh won a prize of a Mercedes-Bendz for a weekend. We had booked it in for this weekend, and ended up a little disappointed that they didn't have something a tad more exciting for us. The car we ended up with (below) is not that hugely different from Hugh's car. It was still a pretty amazing experience though when I got to drive it from Arthur's Creek to Greensborough. I've never driven anything so smooth and quiet.



1 Comments:

  • At 5/4/10, 6:54 AM , Blogger Joel & Dess said...

    I wish they would have left the big guns on the spirit and grace. Oh well. I always read your blog I just never comment.

    Love you very much,
    Dess

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home