
We've decided to keep the couch the neighbours behind us were getting rid of. After a couple of weeks of having it in the house, and the ultimate test of Bible study, we've decided we'll just make it work. The one remaining question is if we should do away with the long bit at one end.

I made three pots of soup again this weekend: pumpkin, carrot and parsnip (which smelled yucky as it cooked, but thankfully turned out tasty), and cauliflower. We've got two big containers of soup in the fridge, and lots of single serves in the freezer. I didn't like soup as a child, I think mostly due to bad experiences burning my tongue, but I'm better at gauging food temperatures now and no longer need to rely on an ice cube in my soup to cool it down. The main reason for the bulk soup making though is to ensure that I eat more vegetables, and to have them in a form where they won't go bad and get wasted when I don't them quickly enough.
1 Comments:
At 7/19/10, 4:30 PM ,
M said...
yeah, I've noticed parsnips are a bit icky smelling as they cook too!
my favourite way to remember to eat veggies without them rotting away is frozen spinach. The kind that comes in blocks - I just pop a block or two into anything - sauce or soup or casserole.
other than that, I try and make big pots of veggie/bean/tomato soup to use up the dying veg, but it doesn't always pan out. For instance, the present presence of a wilting bunch of greens in the crisper drawer - I ate some, they were bitter and I don't feel like eating more!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home