sharing

Friday, June 04, 2010

I feel pretty

I generally feel like my hair is pretty boring and that I have a very limited repetoire of not-very-interesting hairstyles that aren't all that different from each other. But yesterday when I arrived at one of my RE classes, one of the girls asked me why I did my so differently every week. I think she meant it as a complaint because she didn't like me looking different every Thursday, but it made my day. In the eyes of at least one 8 year old girl, I do my hair in a dizzying (annoyingly so) array of hairstyles!

This afternoon is our last Bible teaching session at kid's club for the term-the next three weeks are all special event weeks. I'm glad that it is-although the curriculum we've been using has been really good. We've been looking at some of Jesus' parables and the material always makes one point simply and strongly that I think most of the kids are taking in. Tonight we're looking at the parable of the banquet where all of the guests give last minute excuses about why they can't come. We're taking advantage of the banquet/party theme, and next week kid's club will be one big party. Should be chaotic :)

1 Comments:

  • At 6/8/10, 3:47 AM , Blogger Joel & Dess said...

    Hey,
    I love your idea of the banquet. I will have to use that next time I am teaching childrens class.

    I love keeping updated on your blog. It is nice to have since you are so far away.

    Miss you my Friend,
    Dess

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home