fused
We discovered something new about our house today. It apparently can't handle it when we're running the dishwasher at the same time as the oven, microwave, toaster and kettle. (I was warming delicious pull apart bread in the oven and heating up soup while Hugh was making toast and tea.) A fuse blew, which led us into this archaic box:
Maybe most of you would have known what to do upon looking at this array of gauges and things, but I was clueless, only ever having had to deal with blown fuses in my parents' modern home every once in a while in December while testing Christmas lights. Thankfully Hugh knew that the light gray things at the bottom left were the fuses, and what he needed to do to get the one that had blown working again. Also thankfully, there were some fuse wires sitting in the bottom of the box so that we didn't have to go hunting around for some at hardware stores.
It's back to work for me tomorrow. I did most of my holiday to do list, including hemming some new work pants (I got bleach on my second last pair). I am conquering the sewing machine one project at at time, and tried something new on the pants-using blind hem stitch. I'm also happy to report that I am finally able to thread the machine properly on my first try, no longer having to factor in 20 extra minutes to any sewing for that task.
Maybe most of you would have known what to do upon looking at this array of gauges and things, but I was clueless, only ever having had to deal with blown fuses in my parents' modern home every once in a while in December while testing Christmas lights. Thankfully Hugh knew that the light gray things at the bottom left were the fuses, and what he needed to do to get the one that had blown working again. Also thankfully, there were some fuse wires sitting in the bottom of the box so that we didn't have to go hunting around for some at hardware stores.It's back to work for me tomorrow. I did most of my holiday to do list, including hemming some new work pants (I got bleach on my second last pair). I am conquering the sewing machine one project at at time, and tried something new on the pants-using blind hem stitch. I'm also happy to report that I am finally able to thread the machine properly on my first try, no longer having to factor in 20 extra minutes to any sewing for that task.


1 Comments:
At 7/12/10, 6:59 AM ,
rab said...
I love that fuse box - for its aesthetic value, at least!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home