sharing

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tidbits

1. Yesterday we had a drama class. Some of it was ok, but mostly it was a painful ordeal. Thankfully, its to be the only one we have all year. I actually prefer our gym classes to drama. (so far anyway, who knows what athletic horrors might be in store for us?)

2. Two people have asked me if I'm Irish. About 5 have asked me if I'm American, but I choose to dwell on the former two people. Don't worry, I'm not becoming deluded into thinking I actually sound like I'm Irish, but I'm still enjoying it.

3. At the movie theatres here, matinees are just as expensive as evening shows. What a blow! So far I've been to see Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and You, Me & Dupree (both good). Maybe I'll try to see an Australian film next...or maybe not...I've rented two, that's good enough.

4. This weekend I'm going to a wildlife sanctuary-get ready for pictures!

5. If you follow the link to the right that takes you to Threadbared, scroll down the page until you get to the pirates. You won't be sorry (if you are I take no responsibility for it whatsoever).

6. I don't know if my family will believe this, but I haven't burped in front of anyone here yet. That's 3 whole weeks! Who knew I could be so polite?

7. I'm really glad I came.

5 Comments:

  • At 8/2/06, 3:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    1. I wonder if you would have felt more comfortable if you had had drama-lovers in your group. I say this because the majority of your group members shared the opinion that it was in fact a painful experience. We had drama-lovers in our group and had a blast.

    2. I haven't been mistaken for being American yet - yay! Whenever I go anywhere with Brian and they ask where we're from, I always say "he's from the US, but I AM CANADIAN" - isn't that terrible? They really aren't that bad ;)

    3. There is an Australian film I would like to see, but the name is escaping me - it's playing at Northland ...

    4. Wheeee - photos!

    5. Haven't checked it out yet.

    6. Dude ... burp already! I triple-dog dare you to do it on Thursday evening.

    7. Sam left her message at 12:10am. It is now 3:15am. Guess which two students will be the most tired at 9am this morning?!

     
  • At 8/2/06, 1:39 PM , Blogger Mai said...

    Joanna!

    I hope it doesn't freak you out that I am reading your blog :) I'm so glad to hear that you are doing teacher's college! Did you know I just finished my year at Ottawa U? I think you will be a fantastic teacher :)

     
  • At 8/2/06, 5:22 PM , Blogger Jo said...

    Mai, I think its great that you're reading my blog! I knew you were doing teacher's college, but don't know for what years...I'm doing primary now, and hoping to get my secondary stuff later.

     
  • At 8/2/06, 8:01 PM , Blogger M said...

    I like number 7!
    Here, if someone accidentally calls me American I just look at them archly and reply "no, are you Australian?" and they are immediately bending over backwards apologetically.

     
  • At 8/3/06, 2:48 AM , Blogger yelsel said...

    i'm really glad that you're glad you went. that's awesome.

    thinking of you :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home