sharing

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Opportunities for joy

As this weekend approached, I started to think of all the things I wanted to do: go to the Melbourne Museum, go to a Christian Union girl's night, go grocery shopping, do my laundry, hang out with friends, go to church, meet Tim Lyon to pass on some stuff from his mum...and I realized that schoolwork was nowhere on that list. Oops. Time to re-prioritize and think about school as more than a place to challenge myself socially. Part of me automatically dreads doing my schoolwork, and another part of me feels like it will be no problem-neither feeling is conducive to me getting cracking.
I watched an Australian movie a few days ago on my laptop, and had to switch the dvd zone to zone 4. (leaving myself with only 3 zone switches before the computer will apparently be forever set to whatever zone it was on last) Today I got a dvd out of the library (A Town Like Alice) and thought there would be no problem, because the laptop was already set to the Australian zone. But NO, the computer had me change to zone 2, leaving me with only 2 zone switches. Maybe I should have just not watched the movie, but then what would I have done with my evening? How will I do my Bollywood workout AND be able to watch movies I've checked out of the library for free for the rest of the year? Well, you might not know, but my friend Bret thinks he has the answer, and is going to look into it for me. Isn't it great when other people know stuff?
You may now pick one of the three questions in that last paragraph to answer in the comments section. Have fun!

8 Comments:

  • At 7/28/06, 6:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awesome!!!
    Missing you alot!!!
    Kangaroos are cool, but watch out for those dingos!!!!!

    Love ya,
    Kelly.

     
  • At 7/28/06, 6:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey joanna i get to see parrots outside my window!

     
  • At 7/28/06, 9:43 AM , Blogger Jo said...

    If you choose anonymous as your identity, please put in your name in your post! I'm guessing that was Erika anyway since she's the only person I can think of who's in a tropical location right now.

     
  • At 7/28/06, 11:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i can see parrots outside my window too ... but that could be delerium.

     
  • At 7/28/06, 1:01 PM , Blogger Aphra said...

    I can see parrots at my friend Kim's house.

    I just looked at my recent postings and thought- Joanna must be rubbing off on me because I sure am asking a lot of questions. I only ask 2 though.

    I have spent the evening trying to decide which of your questions to answer and have decided on:
    Isn't it great when other people know stuff?
    Yes.

     
  • At 7/29/06, 6:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Jo...

    Things in Ktown continue to be warm :) We have been over to use the pool during the evening 3-4 times. While there I've taken the opportunity to eat your beans:) They were delicious... just thought I would let you know :)

    Derek and I have been on vacation the past week and will be till August 6th. This week we have been staying around town. Next week we are all off to Niagara Falls for 3-4 days.

    Thanks for updating your blog so often. I check it out regularly.

    Kate and I are off to New Vision... chat later...

    Heather

     
  • At 7/29/06, 9:03 AM , Blogger yelsel said...

    i liked the pink of your blog. why the change??

     
  • At 7/29/06, 1:10 PM , Blogger Jo said...

    Heather, I'm so glad you're enjoying the beans, I especially love the purple ones! And Lesley, I changed it because of stuff that I don't understand, but my blog was acting funny and so I messed around with the template to make it work again and changing it to this one made it work. I might try to change it back to pink when I feel more computerly confident.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home