foretold
One of the things I've been doing in preparation for moving to Melbourne is going through the stacks and stacks of paper and souvenirs in my closet. A slow-moving, but sometimes entertaining task.
Yesterday I came across a writing assignment from Mrs. Eadie's grade 6 English class. It's called "Me at 75." The second paragraph starts,
"I live in Australia, I moved here when I was 26, the year I got married."
Yesterday I came across a writing assignment from Mrs. Eadie's grade 6 English class. It's called "Me at 75." The second paragraph starts,
"I live in Australia, I moved here when I was 26, the year I got married."
I couldn't believe it when I read those words. I will hopefully make it back to Melbourne while I"m still 25, but I'm going to be 26 when Hugh and I get married. Let's hope nothing else I imagined comes true, like one of my children dying in "World War III", and singing the national anthem at a Blue Jay's game. What was I thinking? I don't like baseball, or singing in front of people!


7 Comments:
At 6/19/08, 9:08 PM ,
Aphra said...
Oh, that Mrs. Eadie- making prophets of y'all!
At 6/20/08, 2:51 AM ,
Joel & Dess said...
Holy,
Wow God puts those in our lives when we need them the most. That is awesome.
Hey you never know about those Blue Jays.
WATCH OUT NOW!!!
:)
At 6/20/08, 12:58 PM ,
yelsel said...
oh my goodness jo! that's completely unreal! you should frame that or something. lovely. i love it.
At 6/21/08, 5:16 AM ,
Anonymous said...
frame it lol!!!!!
At 6/25/08, 2:20 AM ,
Anonymous said...
Maybe that also means that your not moving there until after you turn 26?...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
At 6/25/08, 9:12 PM ,
Anonymous said...
another disappointing click :-(
At 7/23/08, 11:05 PM ,
Anonymous said...
prophetic words :) blessings on you!
hope you kept that essay! Your kids will LOVE it :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home