the boar's head
We have backyard privacy again!
The side of our backyard against the new house is all fenced, except for a couple of feet, and yesterday, we got a new fence along the street-no gaps, and extra high. It was great to eat my lunch out on our back porch invisibly :)
A couple of nights ago, Hugh was dreaming about something so funny that he laughed out loud and woke himself (and me) up. When I asked him in the morning what had been so funny, he couldn't remember, but it somehow still made him laugh again. I feel like I missed out, but I know that if he could remember the joke, it probably wouldn't make enough sense to be funny.
I've decided I can start listening to Christmas music. But the songs about snow make me sad.
Ok. Time to vacuum.
But first, let me share my excitement with you about our new shoe organizer. Previously, our show storage system has been a large cardboard box. It has not been ideal. It's very frustrating to find a pair of shoes when you're running late and you have to search through a jumble of 20 other pairs of shoes to find it. Sometimes I would choose what pair to wear based on whatever match I could find first. But I finally bought a shoe rack, and life is sweeter :)
Ok, really going to vacuum now.
The side of our backyard against the new house is all fenced, except for a couple of feet, and yesterday, we got a new fence along the street-no gaps, and extra high. It was great to eat my lunch out on our back porch invisibly :)
A couple of nights ago, Hugh was dreaming about something so funny that he laughed out loud and woke himself (and me) up. When I asked him in the morning what had been so funny, he couldn't remember, but it somehow still made him laugh again. I feel like I missed out, but I know that if he could remember the joke, it probably wouldn't make enough sense to be funny.
I've decided I can start listening to Christmas music. But the songs about snow make me sad.
Ok. Time to vacuum.
But first, let me share my excitement with you about our new shoe organizer. Previously, our show storage system has been a large cardboard box. It has not been ideal. It's very frustrating to find a pair of shoes when you're running late and you have to search through a jumble of 20 other pairs of shoes to find it. Sometimes I would choose what pair to wear based on whatever match I could find first. But I finally bought a shoe rack, and life is sweeter :)
Ok, really going to vacuum now.


3 Comments:
At 11/18/09, 12:36 PM ,
rab said...
Rustle, under Paul's musical leadership, has been singing Christmas music (though often with non-Christmas tunes) for several weeks now. I love it! (Another of Paul's many positive attributes.)
At 11/18/09, 12:56 PM ,
ERIKA said...
you should get those cans of fake snow and all through our winter you should spray your windows. and make it realistic, like have "thaws" and snowed in days. Also, cotton batting for your lawn.
At 11/18/09, 5:26 PM ,
Jo said...
My respect for Paul continues to grow :)
Good idea Erika, especially the "snowed in" days!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home