back to it
The first day back teaching RE and working was good. Especially considering that only one of my students showed up for tutoring. Mondays are my small session anyway (3 kids, other days I have up to 5 in my session), but it was nice working one on one. It meant I could get some planning done for other sessions in between working with the student.
We got our new lease agreement in the mail today. They've added a clause to stop me from parking on the lawn. Which I totally understand, since I am wrecking the lawn by doing it. But I am managing to be frustrated by it anyway. I've emailed the real estate agent to see if the landlord would consider graveling part of the lawn as a second parking spot. Hugh and I probably just need to get over ourselves and share the single lane driveway, but because neither of us is driving in and out at the same time as each other, or even the same time everyday, it would mean playing car shuffle almost every time one of us is going out. Feel free to tell me to just get over it in the comments, but please say it nicely :) Besides all that, there's been no mention of the shed we were told a few weeks ago that we would get in the backyard if we signed another 12 month lease. And we've heard nothing back about our request to put a water saving shower head in the shower now that we have a modern water heater (which is free for the landlord-we were offering to get the free shower head, and probably could have installed it ourselves). I know it's a small thing, but if its small, it should be an easy question for them to respond to, right? In a rash moment of frustration, I booked a visit to another rental property in the area for Friday afternoon. It's ten dollars more a week than what we are paying, but it is similar in size, plus has two parking spots, ducted heating, two toilets, and fully fenced in front and back yards. We'll see what comes of it all!
Top Gear made Hugh and I laugh really hard tonight. It was a great episode.
We got our new lease agreement in the mail today. They've added a clause to stop me from parking on the lawn. Which I totally understand, since I am wrecking the lawn by doing it. But I am managing to be frustrated by it anyway. I've emailed the real estate agent to see if the landlord would consider graveling part of the lawn as a second parking spot. Hugh and I probably just need to get over ourselves and share the single lane driveway, but because neither of us is driving in and out at the same time as each other, or even the same time everyday, it would mean playing car shuffle almost every time one of us is going out. Feel free to tell me to just get over it in the comments, but please say it nicely :) Besides all that, there's been no mention of the shed we were told a few weeks ago that we would get in the backyard if we signed another 12 month lease. And we've heard nothing back about our request to put a water saving shower head in the shower now that we have a modern water heater (which is free for the landlord-we were offering to get the free shower head, and probably could have installed it ourselves). I know it's a small thing, but if its small, it should be an easy question for them to respond to, right? In a rash moment of frustration, I booked a visit to another rental property in the area for Friday afternoon. It's ten dollars more a week than what we are paying, but it is similar in size, plus has two parking spots, ducted heating, two toilets, and fully fenced in front and back yards. We'll see what comes of it all!
Top Gear made Hugh and I laugh really hard tonight. It was a great episode.


2 Comments:
At 10/5/09, 11:56 PM ,
Michelle Lamey said...
no no...you're not silly to be irritated about the parking. I think it's the things we have to deal with over and over and over again that can be the most bothersome not matter how, relatively, small they actually are.
At 10/8/09, 8:38 AM ,
Lyndall said...
Perhaps if they are so bothered by the parking they could get their tradies to park elsewhere so you could park on the other side?
Also we changed our shower head - kept the old one just incase the owners cracked it... so far they haven't said boo and that was 18 months ago.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home