sharing

Saturday, September 19, 2009

hitchcock

I was out for a walk yesterday when a magpie swooped me. I was petrified, but at least I wasn't pecked. I got off that street as quickly as I could and altered my route home again when I saw another magpie sitting on top of someone's garbage bin in a manner that I thought was menacing (maybe a slight over-reaction). I will definitely be avoiding DeBlonay street for the next couple of months. I can't believe that out of all the potential animal dangers Australia has to offer, this was the one I experienced.
I'm going to have to make Hugh start walking with me again until I've gotten over the fright of having a large bird fly at my head. I hate big birds.

2 Comments:

  • At 9/20/09, 1:04 AM , Blogger rab said...

    I remember a camping trip when I responded to Carolyn's concern about a swooping bird with arrogant superiority. However, when I became the target, I felt quite differently. Big ugly man/sweet tiny bird. Wussy man/victorious bird. How embarrassing.

     
  • At 10/8/09, 8:45 AM , Blogger Lyndall said...

    You could always take a helmet? or even better an umbrella with big scary eyes on top of it which says to the bird "I'm bigger than you, dont even think about it!"

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home