sharing

Thursday, September 17, 2009

bulletproof

It's been an excitingly warm week. It's great to not have the heaters (one gas, two electric) going constantly, and to be able to step outside in a t-shirt and feel the sun and wind on my arms. Our friend Alana gave us a couple of plants for our birthday, and I'm looking forward to potting them, as well as planting a couple more pots with herb seeds. I bought 4 pots at Savers (aka Value Village), and just need to check with Hugh to see if he thinks they need holes drilled in the bottoms.

Hugh and I have finally decided to stay in this house for another 12 months. In return, we've gotten the new water heater (works amazingly, it's great to have hot water coming through the kitchen taps at more than a dribble), and we'll be getting insulation (hard for me to believe a house could have been built without it!) and a high fence around the front yard. We've lost all but a couple of metres of our previously large back yard, and it won't be very private any more, and the large front yard is just too exposed to enjoy as it is. In Canada I would never think of fencing in a front yard, but lots of people do it here, and then we can enjoy the yard without having to say hello to every person that walks past (and there are a lot of them). Hmmm...I actually might be writing this prematurely, I don't think the real estate agent has actually checked with the landlord yet about the fence, oh well, here's hoping.

The next two weeks are school holidays, which means I get time off paid work, as well as all my volunteer work. I've been putting off all sorts of projects until these holidays, and have ended up with quite a long to-do list. Oops.

Tonight our Bible study group is having a social night-we're going out salsa dancing. I'm excited, but I have a feeling some of the guys won't be so keen!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home