let it snow
This morning I was thinking that the one good thing about having no snow in winter was that you didn't end up with wet pant legs. But then I remembered that you can end up with water seeping up your pants on rainy days too. And snowy days are so much prettier than rainy ones! I wonder how long a book I could write about why snow is better than rain...
Katherine got a movie from the library based on a Thomas Hardy book. We were a bit nervous as she hated the Thomas Hardy novel she had to read for class in high school, but the story looked pretty good, and it did turn out to be a good movie (Under the Greenwood Tree, in case anyone is interested). We found out why in the special features-apparently this was one of Thomas Hardy's first novels, and one he found too light and fluffy in his later years. Viva la fluff!
Katherine got a movie from the library based on a Thomas Hardy book. We were a bit nervous as she hated the Thomas Hardy novel she had to read for class in high school, but the story looked pretty good, and it did turn out to be a good movie (Under the Greenwood Tree, in case anyone is interested). We found out why in the special features-apparently this was one of Thomas Hardy's first novels, and one he found too light and fluffy in his later years. Viva la fluff!


3 Comments:
At 12/12/07, 9:23 AM ,
Aphra said...
We watched a Thomas Hardy movie from the library recently as well, but it wasn't that one - it was 'the woodlanders' (we got it from the kingscourt branch) - it was pretty good. I don't know about special effects though!
At 12/12/07, 11:15 PM ,
rab said...
You could write an entire library of books on why snow is better than rain. Curse this rain. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.
At 12/13/07, 1:04 AM ,
Unknown said...
I like rain. I was going to saw that unlike snow, it doesn't go brown and yucky looking, but then I thought of our much-loved Yarra.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home