sharing

Monday, October 30, 2006

contentment

A good day, from this afternoon onwards. We've bought fruit, Kate sent an email asking for something to be done about our water (goes freezing cold then scalding hot in the shower for no reason we can discern), I watched Pride and Prejudice with Mel & Hugh, had good hot chocolate, got new library books. If only I didn't have to go to my placement school tomorrow, I could stay up til all hours reading them.
I just remembered now that tomorrow is Halloween. Its not a very big deal here, grocery stores have a little bit of special candy for sale, but the Christmas stuff is all on sale already, and those displays are much larger. Nonetheless, I will be popping into the shopping centre after school to buy some chocolate to join in the festivities from a distance. Maybe I'll dress up too, as a Canadian. I wonder if they'll be doing anything at the primary school. Do you guys remember costume parades in the gym? I think my best year was when my mom made me a wedding dress.
I also booked my flight to New Zealand today-I am so looking forward to spending 10ish days with Mianh, and then joining Sam for a few days on the South Island.

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I haven't posted about this yet: A couple of weeks ago, Mel, Kate & I were eating a Cadbury chocolate bar. (We all love chocolate.) Partway through, as we were breaking pieces off, we found something in the chocolate that looked to me like dental floss! We ate all around it, and Kate called Cadbury the next day to lodge a complaint (and to get free chocolate). They sent us an envelope to send them the specimen in, and we'll hopefully be getting some free chocolate really soon! I hope they don't just replace the one bar, but send at least three so we can have one each, and to make up for the emotional trauma they caused us by not being able to eat the whole chocolate bar.

1 Comments:

  • At 10/31/06, 4:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    im a ninja for halloween hopefully i'll have a photo to send to you

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home