sharing

Sunday, October 15, 2006

a long time

Sorry its been so long since I posted. Its been VERY busy!!! I'm usually at my placement from about 8:30 to 4:30, then errand running, then walk up the big hill to get home and plan lessons for the next day!
This weekend's excitement was the move! Moving twice in two weeks is definitely a record for me. We had great helpers (thanks Stuart, Mark, Jonny, Paul, Hugh and Lyndall) all day who toted alot of furniture, helped unpack and organize, and also kept us in good spirits. The day ended well with a great start on the unpacking, and Hugh cooking dinner for all of us, which was eaten in front of the tv watching Napoleon Dynamite. It's been months since I watched it or heard someone reference it. "You could be drinking whole." I laughed through most of the movie, and lots of the time I was laughing alone. Erika would have been so embarassed. Oh Erika, I emailed you my new address, so you can mail me that thing you wanted to mail me now.
Our new house is looking beautiful, and I've already spent some time on our small balcony. I'm looking forward to prettying up our tiny backyard that has no grass once this semester's over. (Only two busy weeks to go!) I'll post some pictures once all the boxes and newspapers are out of the way.

5 Comments:

  • At 10/16/06, 3:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We miss you bunches!!!Elijah said the word cooperate yesterday, he is doing that saying long words and understanding them fully, I think I have quite the little einstein here...made Mint Chocolate Oreo Truffles the other day, I am going to e-mail the recipe it is something easy and fun, and I am sure your Aussie friends will love it!!! I am happy for you that you are now moved and getting settled, there is nothing more comforting knowing you don't have to share your bathroom with like 20 people!!!(I did that at Camp Iawah ahhh)Life is good, alot has happened but it is okay now, Jayson got my The Lake House for my Birthday and won't let me have it or watch it until the night of my Birthday!!! I am excited, okay this was a long one, e-mail me ok, Big Kisses from Elijah!!! Muah!!! Love you, thinking of you always and praying continuously....

     
  • At 10/16/06, 8:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Joanna yesterday I sang along to a song in an area that was heavily populated! I'll try to send it soon and your allowed to laugh as much as you like at napoleon because its so dang funny

     
  • At 10/16/06, 11:37 PM , Blogger rab said...

    Is Erika allowed to say "dang"?

     
  • At 10/18/06, 10:25 AM , Blogger Aphra said...

    Hey Joanna,
    Could you email me your address too?
    Aphra

     
  • At 10/19/06, 10:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    miss you, miss you, miss you...especially right now!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home