sharing

Saturday, October 21, 2006

whew!

Well, teaching round one is almost over, and it has gone amazingly well. I just have two more days to do in a couple of weeks to make up the curriculum days the teachers had, and then I'm hoping to spend at least a week volunteering at the school in various classrooms. Since it was my official last day in the class yesterday, the teacher surprised me with a cake and pop to have at the end of the day. I also had full control for the first four sessions of the day (out of six altogether). I created and taught my first music lesson, and had a reading lesson and a double maths session. It went surprisingly well, and everything went mostly to schedule. As a fundraiser for the grade 6 grad coming up, kids could come to school out of uniform with a 2$ donation, and there was a disco at lunch. It was strange to see everyone out of uniform, and see them practicing their dance moves all day :)
Next up for me this coming week is my last week of classes for the semester, including two tests, three assignments, and two essays. I'm so used to having no free time that I feel like it shouldn't be a problem to get all those things done by next Monday.
Today Kate and I did a big grocery shop so that our cupboards are well stocked for the first time since moving in. Mel left yesterday for a well-deserved week away, and I'm hoping the house can be totally clear of boxes by the time she gets home. I worked on the clutter a bit this morning, but I have a feeling its a job that will be done in little bits and pieces as I find the energy and the will to find homes for things.
Oh yeah, other important placement news: everyone in my program is visited once in the year while they're on a teaching round by a professor who observes them teaching a lesson. I had my observation last Tuesday and I got an A!! I am so relieved to have had my observation during this great teaching round when I had a supervisor who helped me prepare a really great lesson, and when I was in a classroom that didn't have any serious behavioral issues.

7 Comments:

  • At 10/21/06, 4:06 PM , Blogger M said...

    bellissima mi amica!
    xo

     
  • At 10/22/06, 2:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congrats on ur A! I got 100% on my first geography assignment! Now I have midterms which is a bum leg.

     
  • At 10/22/06, 4:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We got your post card yesterday, it was so nice and touching that you thought of us on your vacation to Taz Land...Miss you alot, especially now, see WebBlog to understand, the Movie Marie Antoinette is now out, i want to go see it but, it wouldn't be the same without you and Erika!!! Elijah is growing so fast it is hard to keep up, before you know it we will be in our new home and he will be going off to school....Half the time lately I m trying to catch my breathe LOL....Anyway, it sounds like you and I will need more than one cup of tea when you come back and we get together to talk LOL...Take Care, keep Smiling and Hugs From Elijah!!!

     
  • At 10/23/06, 12:04 AM , Blogger EJLarson said...

    Hey, Jo;
    Congrats on your A.
    Looking forward to hopefully getting our stuff in Belleville Monday. Aiming to have your parents for dinner on Wednesday.
    Liberty is getting so big and is saing everything. This is the time to becareful what is said. At supper she says "Thank you Jesus, Amen!"
    Chat soon, miss you lots!

     
  • At 10/23/06, 11:48 PM , Blogger rab said...

    Hey Jo...

    Glad to hear things are going so well. Looking forward to hearing of your down under Halloween plans. Will you dress up?

     
  • At 10/25/06, 7:33 PM , Blogger Jo said...

    Bob, I will not be dressing up, but I will be eating junk food

     
  • At 10/26/06, 4:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey joanna i have an exam on the 22nd of december so i cant come visit you and my favourite jeans are broken

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home